Cover is provided for loss of or damage to any registered vehicle belonging to, hired, leased, borrowed or in the care, custody or control of the agency, from any cause or event (not otherwise excluded) happening anywhere in Australia and; for legal liability for damage to property and injury (other than compulsory third party liability) resulting from an accident caused by the use of a vehicle, goods falling from or being carried by the vehicle or by and during loading and unloading.
Agency responsibilities include:
- completion of the relevant section of the annual Self Insurance
- giving immediate notification to RiskCover of any circumstances
likely to give rise to a claim. The appropriate claim form and supporting
documentation must be submitted.
- not admitting liability without RiskCover's prior approval.
The cover RiskCover provides includes:
- current market value or replacement value (new for old) where the vehicle is a total loss within 12 months of its date of original registration. For a total loss of a leased vehicle the hirer termination value will apply.
- hire costs (subject to a 3 day excess for insured vehicles, but no excess applies to Third Party liability claims).
- taxi fares.
- transit within Australia.
- employees, board or committee members and volunteers using their own vehicle whilst on agency authorised business or activity with the consent of the agency.
- replacement of stolen keys and subsequent replacement of locks.
- clean up cost and removal of debris arising from goods falling from the vehicle.
- freight costs.
- expediting costs (including overtime work).
- towage and protection costs.
- costs incurred in returning a recovered stolen vehicle.
Specific limitations and restrictions include:
- loss of use of the vehicle.
- depreciation, wear and tear, rust, corrosion, structural failure or mechanical or electrical breakdown or failure.
- damage to tyres by application of brakes or by road punctures, or cuts or bursts.
- alcohol, drugs and unlicensed drivers.
- unroadworthy or unsafe vehicles.
- intentional damage.
This Product Disclosure Statement is intended to provide your agency with an overview of the cover provided as a participating member of the RiskCover Fund. For full details of the cover, conditions, limitations and exclusions reference should be made to:
- The RiskCover Cover Document and Fund Guidelines;
- Your agency's specific Certificate of Cover;
- Variation of Cover (where applicable); and
- Special Cover (where applicable).
These documents are available behind the secure section of the RiskCover website. To arrange access, please contact your Fund Services Coordinator or RiskCover.